ACYF is promoting a new initiative aimed at educating Canadians, government and organizations about Canada’s Arctic and the issues faced by youth, some of these may include, education, housing, Culture and language, mental health or food security. The contest is seeking original youth-made videos on how this is an issue in your community, region or territory, what you would like to see change, and how you would advocate for change.
The initiative is open to students across Canada’s Arctic (Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut) young people between the ages of 14-24. 3 Winners will be selected and are eligible for cash prizes of $300 for first, $200 for second and $100 for third.
All video’s will be posted on the Playing to Strength discussion forum, and will encourage that you share your video with your friends and family, having them comment on your video.
By getting involved and educating their peers, and Canadians about issues youth face in Canada’s Arctic, our young people can have a voice in change, through being proactive towards change.
How to Enter
- Create a short video about issues in your community no longer than 5 minutes.
- Post it to your YouTube account and tag the video ACYF-VID-2014. Include your first name and ‘ACYF Video Contest’ in the YouTube video description.
- After you have posted your video on YouTube, send us the link to the video and a brief description with your name and address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then post the videos on the forum at forum.acyf.ca. You will need an account to discuss and post about your video.
- Entrants must be students across Canada’s Arctic (Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut) young people between the ages of 14-24.
- Contest runs from January 1 - April 1st 2014.
- All videos must be original work directed, filmed and edited by youth.
- Videos must be 5 minute or less.
- The video must not contain inappropriate content and must adhere to all applicable copyright laws for music and images.
- Contestants must create their own YouTube account in order to participate
- Entrants grant ACYF and affiliated organizations unlimited royalty-free use of their video and permission to create, copy, reproduce, exhibit, publish or distribute submitted images. Uses may include, but are not limited to, DVDs, photographs, websites, multimedia programs, print or other types of promotional media existing now or in the future.
- All entries will be screened by ACYF staff.
Winners will be selected by popular demand by votes tallied on our forum. The final Entries will be evaluated on quality, creativity and content.
If you have any questions contact us at (867) 975-3221 or email kylie@acyf, email@example.com.